Position / Job title: Reader
Institution: University of Warwick
E-mail address: A.T.Gerritsen@warwick.ac.uk
My main areas of research include material cultures of early modern China, especially porcelain.
- ‘Porcelain and the Material Culture of the Yuan Court (1279-1368).’ Journal of Early Modern History 16 (2012): 241-273.
- ‘Ceramics for Local and Global Markets: Jingdezhen’s Agora of Technologies’ in Dagmar Schafer and Francesca Bray, eds., Cultures of Knowledge: Technology in Chinese History. Leiden, E.J. Brill, 2011. pp. 164-86.
- ‘Introduction to Global China: Material Culture and Connections in World History’ and ‘Material Culture and the Other: European Encounters with Chinese Porcelain, ca. 1650-1800’, with Stephen McDowall, eds., Journal of World History 23.1 (2012).
- 'Fragments of a Global Past: Sites of Ceramics Manufacture in Song-Yuan-Ming Jiangxi.' Journal of the Social and Economic History of the Orient.
- ‘Searching for Gentility: The Nineteenth-Century Fashion for the Late Ming’ in The Quest for Gentility in China: Negotiations beyond Gender and Class, edited by Daria Berg and Chloe Starr, pp. 188-207 (London: Routledge, 2007).