Position / Job title: Lecturer in Asian History
Department: School of History and Anthropology
Institution: Queens University Belfast
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transnational history in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- The Global Rubber trade.
- '"Provident" political economy in Indian forests' in F. Trentmann and M.J. Daunton (eds), Worlds of political economy: knowledge and power in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries (Basingstoke, 2004).
- 'City as garden: shared space in the urban botanic gardens of Singapore and Malaysia, 1786–2000' in R. Bishop et al. (eds), Postcolonial urbanism: Southeast Asian cities and global processes (New York, 2003).
- The political economy of empire in the tropics: rubber in the British Empire, 1800–1940 (Basingstoke, forthcoming).
- 'Curiosity and rubber in the French Atlantic' in Atlantic Studies, iv (2007).
- 'Recovering post-colonial tropicalities from a "fervid inflorescence" of metaphor' in Studies in the History and Philosophy of Science (2004).